BCSD Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-2018 School Year
Children who will be five years old on or before August 1, 2017, are eligible to attend kindergarten.
Registration can be completed online or by appointment at the Berea Board of Education offices, 390 Fair Street, Berea.
Appointments can be made by calling your child's home school beginning February 1st. Kindergarten registration for Fall, 2017 will be held on:
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 (8:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Registration Packets by building:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Photo Identification of Parent
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Custody
- Lease agreement if renting an apartment in a complex with six (6) or more units
- Current utility bill if you own the home
- If residing with someone, or is renting a single, two family or any rental up to five (5) units, the owner of the property must sign an Owner Tenant form
- Custodial parent must be the parent who registers the child. In case of parental divorce, parent with legal custody must present a certified copy of the court order awarding legal custody.
- If custody change is pending, the noncustodial parents may present a dated, time stamped copy of the court filing, showing the motion for change of custody. The noncustodial parent is then given 60 days to present a certified copy of the final decree.
- If there was never a marriage between the parents, the mother must register the child, unless the father has the legal custody papers.
** If your child does not register in March/April, registration is by appointment only, Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Please call the registration office at (216)898-8300 ext. 6208 to schedule an appointment.
BCSD Kindergarten Information Night
Kindergarten Information Night will be held at Ford Intermediate School on Thursday, May 4th at 7:00 PM in the auditorium. Please mark your calendar for this parent only event.