All of our schools use the Mealtime Point of Sale System. Parents may put money on account for their students at any time during the school year. Please make checks payable to the school cafeteria. Funds may be dropped off in the school cafeteria prior to the beginning of the school day.
Funds may be put on your student’s account using the online feature in Mealtime. There is no charge from Mealtime to use this feature. You can view your student’s account at no charge. Plan on at least 24 hours for the online payment to show up in your student’s account. If you would like to know what your student purchased, this system can provide that information.
- Parents may load an account for their student at any time during the school year and in any amount. You do not need to load the account in the beginning of each month. The cashier will notify the student when the balance in their account is down to the equivalent of 3 lunches:
- Secondary - $7.50 | Elementary - $6.60 | Reduced priced meals - no charge.
- Elementary students will get a green star stamp when they have $2.20 or less in their account.
Parents may choose how the money is spent:
- Meals only (lunch/breakfast) - the student will not be able to purchase any à la carte items including milk
- Lunch/Breakfast Meals with unlimited à la carte purchases
- Lunch/Breakfast Meals with a daily limit on the amount of à la carte purchases
- Value Meal Plate Lunches are the best bargain both nutritionally and financially. Cost for Secondary - $2.50, Elementary - $2.20 and reduced priced meals - no charge. The Value Meal Plate Lunch consists of an entrée, fruit/vegetable, bread item, and milk.
- Breakfast Cost $1.25, no charge for those who qualify for reduced or free meals.
- Please make sure your student knows how you have specified money and/or restrictions for his or her account. This will prevent little ones from being in tears when they are told they cannot purchase a certain item. If your student is packing a lunch and wants to buy milk, you need to choose the meals option with à la carte allowed.
All students will use a PIN number even if they are paying cash.
- Students access their account by use of a PIN number. The cashier will see the student’s picture and account balance on the register screen. The cashier will ring up the student’s purchases and the amount will be automatically deducted from his or her account balance if there is sufficient money on the account.
- If there is not sufficient money on the account, the student may pay the balance in cash.
Students may continue to use cash in the line if so desired.
- Account balances will be forwarded from year to year.
- Students who receive free or reduced price meals will be coded in the system to show these benefits.
- Students receiving reduced price meals (30¢ for breakfast and 40¢ for lunch) will need to have money on account or cash to pay the 30¢ or 40¢.
It’s easy to add funds to an account.
Cash or Check
- You can always bring money personally or send it with your student. Please place it in an envelope marked clearly with your student’s name, their ID #, their teacher’s name, the dollar amount. Turn in prepaid deposits to the cafeteria cashier(s) or school office.
- Checks should be payable to their school cafeteria - for example - Big Creek Cafeteria. A phone number MUST be on the check. If you have more than one child in a building you may send one check. For children in multiple buildings, please send a check to each building’s cafeteria. Please put your child’s first and last name in the memo section of the check. If no specific instructions are given, all funds will be placed in their general account.
- Please have your student drop off the cash or check in the cafeteria before school starts. Checks may also be mailed to the school cafeteria.
- There is a fee for all returned checks.
- Online payments are a simple, safe, and secure way to make payments to your student’s account 24 hours a day at your convenience.
- Plan on at least 10 minutes for the payment to show up on your student’s account.
- There is no fee to use this feature.
If you have any further questions, please contact your cafeteria manager or
Beth Spinks, Supervisor of Nutrition Services, (216) 267-2142.