Kindergarten Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2018-19 School Year!
Children who will be five years old on or before August 1, 2018, are eligible to attend kindergarten.
Registration can be completed online or by appointment using the registration kiosk at the Berea Board of Education offices, 390 Fair Street, Berea by calling 216-898-8300.
Only the child's parent or legal guardian may register a student.
Complete the entire process at home (must have the capability to scan and upload documents)
If you receive a message that your documents are too large to upload, please email them directly to Sue Alcox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Office Kiosk Registration
Complete information online (at home or at central office kiosk) and schedule an appointment to upload documents at the central office registration kiosk. If you begin registration at home, please write down your confirmation number and bring it with you in order to complete the process at the central office kiosk.
The following items are required for each student you are enrolling: PRINTABLE CHECKLIST
NOTE: Two (2) of the forms must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public before they are submitted to the Registrar. The forms are the OWNER AFFIDAVIT and the RESIDENCY AND CUSTODY AFFIDAVIT.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Photo Identification of Parent
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Custody
Documents needed for proof of residency:
- Lease agreement if renting an apartment in a complex with six (6) or more units
- Current utility bill if you own the home
- If residing with someone, or is renting a single, two family or any rental up to five (5) units, the owner of the property must sign an Owner Tenant form
- Custodial parent must be the parent who registers the child. In case of parental divorce, parent with legal custody must present a certified copy of the court order awarding legal custody.
- If custody change is pending, the noncustodial parents may present a dated, time stamped copy of the court filing, showing the motion for change of custody. The noncustodial parent is then given 60 days to present a certified copy of the final decree.
- If there was never a marriage between the parents, the mother must register the child, unless the father has the legal custody papers.