Berea City School District Preschool
The Berea City School District is a community of excellence, integrity, and purpose.
The Berea City School District is a diverse community dedicated to
inspiring lives of character, learning, leadership, and service.
2018-19 Preschool Registration Information
Please call the Board Office at 216-898-8300 to schedule a registration appointment.
• Registration Guidelines: Children who will be 3 years old by August 1, 2018 must be enrolled in a 3-year-old program. Children who will be 4 years old by August 1, 2018 must be enrolled in a 4-year-old program. Children who will be 5 years old by August 1, 2018 may not enroll in a 4-day program at Grindstone, Big Creek or Brookview. These guidelines must be followed in order to fulfill grant requirements. We apologize to families that may be inconvenienced by these guidelines. In addition, families who have outstanding preschool tuition balances will not be permitted to register for preschool until the balance is paid in full. Scholarship assistance is available at all schools. There are two different scholarship applications. The Early Childhood Eligibility Screening Tool must be used for Grindstone, Big Creek, and Brookview. The UPK 2.0 Scholarship Income & Residency Verification Form must be use for Brook Park Memorial. Please complete the correct scholarship application.
• You are required to provide proof of legal custody/guardianship of the child you are registering. Items such as Letters of Guardianship, Certified Court Documents (Domestic Relations or Juvenile Court), Grandparent/Caregiver Power of Attorney, etc. need to be submitted. Please direct specific questions as to whether paperwork is required for your situation to Central Registration at 216-898-8300 x 6233.
• To expedite registration, please bring the completed registration and census form, a copy of the child’s birth certificate, custody documents and a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee (per child) payable to the Berea Board of Education. Proof of 2017 annual income* is required if applying for scholarship program.
• Outstanding tuition balances must be paid in full at time of registration.
Registration appointments are held at:
Berea Board of Education
390 Fair Street
Berea, OH 44017
We accept check, cash, or money order (NO CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED) – For information call 216-898-8300
SERVING ALL RESIDENTS OF SOUTHWEST GREATER CLEVELAND AREA.
Resident (Berea, Brook Park, Middleburg Hts.) Non-Resident (ALL OTHERS).
*Proof of income = W2, W4, page 1 of 1040, end of year pay stub, social security
proof, Child support pay plan, etc.ALL locations/times/teachers listed are subject to change prior to the start of school.
Spaces are limited. Registration is taken on a first come first serve basis.Scholarship Assistance Program: The Berea City School District has received a grant from the State of Ohio to provide financial assistance to low-income families who otherwise could not afford preschool. Financial Scholarships are available to children who will be 4 years old by August 1 of the current school year. Scholarships are provided on a sliding scale and are income based.
Big Creek, Brookview, and Grindstone Scholarship Assistance:
2018-19 Scholarship Letter for Big Creek, Brookview, and Grindstone
2018-19 Scholarship Form for Big Creek, Brookview, and Grindstone
Brook Park Memorial Scholarship Assistance:
2018-19 Scholarship Form for Brook Park Memorial
WHY CHOOSE OUR PRESCHOOL?
- Backed by the resources of the Berea City School District
- Governed by our current Board of Education members
- Licensed by the State of Ohio
- Well-equipped, safe, secure facilities
- Small teacher:child ratios
- Certified,caring teachers
- Play-based activities designed to develop reading, math, and science foundation skills
- Language/literacy-based curriculum
- Easy transition to kindergarten
- Curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Education program is developed to meet the growing emotional, academic, and social needs of children in a developmentally appropriate environment. Our classrooms provide children with a learning environment that nurtures and supports their discovery and learning process. Children are provided the opportunity to explore, investigate, and discover at their own pace. We recognize that each child is an individual, growing, and learning in his or her own way and time.EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHYOur Early Childhood Education program provides a core curriculum which includes: language arts, math, science, geography, health, art, and movement education. Classrooms offer literacy-rich environments, providing the foundations that are essential for reading and writing. We work in cooperation with our kindergarten and elementary teachers to deliver a curriculum based on foundations in learning.