Here are some reasons a student may want to see the counselor:
- “The same person keeps picking on me and I don’t know what to do about it.”
- "My best friend is ignoring me and found someone else to hang out with. I don't know what I did wrong and it's making me feel sad.”
- “I’m new to this school and I’m very nervous.”
- “My pet died over the weekend and I am sad.”
- “I just want to talk to someone who will not laugh at me.”
- “I auditioned for a part in the school play and I made it. I’m so excited to tell someone.”
- “Mike, Jim, and I had a problem at recess. We need to set up a mediation to work it out?”
Here are some reasons a parent might want to talk to the counselor:
Please keep checking the site for parent and student resources!Feel free to call me anytime with questions/concerns, or if you would like your child to see me.
- “My husband and I are getting divorced and we think our kids could benefit from talking about it with other kids. Is there a Changing Family group this year?”
- “David just doesn’t want to go to school in the mornings.”
- “We recently had a death in the family, and I’m not sure how to tell my child.”
- “Jennifer is having difficulty concentrating in the classroom.”
- “Linda is really frustrated doing her homework, and nothing I say seems to help.”
- “I just want to thank you for asking my daughter to be in the Friendship group. She really enjoyed meeting other kids at Big Creek."