School Counseling Yearly Schedule
Classroom Guidance | Small groups | IndividualDirect services to the students
- Every classroom will receive 4 classroom guidance lessons
- Two Student Ambassadors will be chosen in each classroom in grades 3 and 4.
- Student Ambassadors will be picked by the classroom teacher in consultation with the School counselor
- Student Ambassadors will be conflict managers during recess when conflicts arise. These students can be utilized by the recess aides to help mediate a problem when it happens in the moment. If it is a "big" problem the adults will intervene. If it is a "small" problem then the ambassadors could intervene.
- The School counselor will train Student Ambassadors to be conflict managers at recess
- The Student Ambassadors from each grade level will meet with me periodically to keep me up to date on how things are going during recess. We will share information with each other that can help them when problems arise. I will guide and counsel them on the process.
- Student ambassadors will help to assist small group counseling with Mr. Mancuso
Small group counseling: Friendship Circle (Social Skills groups)
- Each group will receive seven to eight group counseling sessions.
- Groups will be held during their recess time
Individual counseling is on-going
Lunch bunches are on-going - Lunch bunches are highly requested by the students, but most lunch bunches are not by student request. A lot of times a student is invited to a lunch bunch because of friendship concerns, problems, or conflicts.
Conflict management is on-going - Conflict Management is a last resort when students have tried BPM's conflict strategies (Mr. Man's choices). Mr. Man's choices are posted in every classroom and throughout the building. When a student requests to see Mr. Mancuso and the problem still continues that is when conflict resolution will be utilized. Conflict resolution strategies will be taught to the students during classroom guidance lessons.