Berea City School District Preschool
The Berea City School District is a community of excellence, integrity, and purpose.
The Berea City School District is a diverse community dedicated to
inspiring lives of character, learning, leadership, and service.
The first day for our incoming 2022-23 Preschoolers is August 29, 2022!
We are so excited to see our youngest learners!
WHY CHOOSE OUR PRESCHOOL?
- Backed by the resources of the Berea City School District
- Governed by our current Board of Education members
- Licensed by the State of Ohio
- Well-equipped, safe, secure facilities
- Small teacher:child ratios
- Certified,caring teachers
- Play-based activities designed to develop reading, math, and science foundation skills
- Language/literacy-based curriculum
- Easy transition to kindergarten
- Curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Education program is developed to meet the growing emotional, academic, and social needs of children in a developmentally appropriate environment. Our classrooms provide children with a learning environment that nurtures and supports their discovery and learning process. Children are provided the opportunity to explore, investigate, and discover at their own pace. We recognize that each child is an individual, growing, and learning in his or her own way and time.EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHYOur Early Childhood Education program provides a core curriculum which includes: language arts, math, science, geography, health, art, and movement education. Classrooms offer literacy-rich environments, providing the foundations that are essential for reading and writing. We work in cooperation with our kindergarten and elementary teachers to deliver a curriculum based on foundations in learning.
- Parent Handbook
- 2022-23 Supply List
- Car Seat Safety/Information
- Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Cuyahoga County Resources
- Early Childhood Services Eligibility Self-Assessment
- Family Engagement Activities
- FE Activity Calendar June 2022
- FE Activity Calendar July 2022
- FE Activity Calendar August 2022
- Fun Experiences & Free Admission
- Get ready for Kindergarten
- Health Screening Resources
- HealthChek Services
- Home to School Transition
- Imagination Library
- Information About Kids
- Lead Poisoning Resource
- Lead Safe Cuyahoga
- Ohio Early Childhood
- Parent Support Groups - Autism Agencies
- Preparing a School-Ready Child
- Resource Guide
- Summer Activity Suggestions
- Summer Resources 1
- Summer Resources 2
- WIC Information
- Summer and Beyond Directory