Flyer Distribution Guidelines
Berea City School District uses Peachjar to distribute all flyers
Peachjar e-flyers provides a highly effective method of electronic flyer distribution. ALL approval for requests of distribution of flyers to students must be received through Peachjar. Our schools will not distribute any flyers that have not been approved. No paper copies will be given to teachers or staff to distribute to students for taking home.
Who may submit?
Non-profit organizations, city/county offices, government entities, community clubs and organizations informing District students, parents/guardians, and staff of cultural, educational, or recreational activities sponsored by the organization. The organization’s non-profit letter (IRS 501c) must be provided upon first distribution. Commercial organizations that the District deems its partners (at the sole discretion of the Superintendent or designee).
Appropriate Content and Restrictions
The flyer must be educational and enriching in nature, supporting the educational mission of the Berea City School District and/or benefiting the population of the District in a positive manner. Materials promoting for profit ventures or events and activities that compete with events/offerings by the Berea City School District will not be approved for distribution.
No flyer may contain anything that:
- attacks or promotes hostility or violence
- promotes any religious belief
- is obscene or profane
- interferes with others’ rights
- jeopardizes or directly competes with any District program
- promotes childcare/services outside of the direct purview of the District
- is purely commercial advertising for for-profit organizations
- is intended for anyone other than staff, students, or parents/guardians
All flyers to be distributed from an outside organization will include the following disclaimers (exact wording):
Below all flyers:
This program is not sponsored by Berea City School District. District approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Included with all emails:
This email has been sent to you by Peachjar on behalf of the Berea City School District. Only school-approved flyers are sent to you through Peachjar. District approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement. If you have concerns regarding your child participating in a program, please contact the organization. Please include any medical conditions that would merit attention, including, but not limited to, severe allergic reactions, asthma, ADHD, Aspergers, autism, physical limitations, etc.
How to submit:
- Visit: www.peachjar.com to register as a COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION
- You may qualify to distribute your flyer for FREE if you meet the following criteria:
Your charitable program, service or resource directly benefits children and does not require participants to qualify, has no enticement for future fee-based programs, and does not serve the purpose of fundraising, collecting donations or allow for the purchase of products or services.
Your organization is not nationally recognized and physically resides within the boundaries of the school district you wish to distribute to.
- Your organization is not receiving fees or revenue from vendors participating in the event.
- After submitting a flyer, it will automatically be submitted to the Marketing and Community Relations department. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described above. NOTE: If your flyer is not eligible for the Community Free application, Peachjar charges a fee to outside organizations that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Please note: Flyers will typically be distributed to families once a week.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org