Board of Education
The Board of Education is comprised of five residents elected to serve overlapping terms of four years. At the end of a term, a member may continue service to the community by being re-elected to the Board for another four-year term. State law does not limit the number of terms a member may serve. Voting for School Board positions usually takes place on Election Day, the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
The Board of Education is a decision-making group. The public may express sentiments to assist the members in making decisions, but time spent answering routine questions or criticisms takes time from the Board’s business meeting. Questions about operation of the schools should be directed to your child’s teacher or the administrator of the school. Experience has shown this is the best procedure.
Items on the agenda normally include reports from the Board and/or from the Superintendent or his/her staff. These reports do not require formal Board action, but they are relevant to the operation of the schools.
Action items on the agenda require formal action by the Board. These items are presented to the Board in motions by Board members, or in recommendations by the Superintendent.
Routine business - For efficiency of operation, the Board condenses items of routine business into lists or schedules, and presents these for action as consent agenda items.
Board members receive their meeting agendas on the Wednesday preceding the meeting. This provides the opportunity for Board members to review all agenda items and associated exhibits well before considering action.Citizen participation information:Berea Board of Education390 Fair StreetBerea, Ohio 44017(216) 898-8300
2020 BOE Meetings
Meetings are held on Mondays at 390 Fair Street, Berea in Staff Room 1 at 7:00 p.m. unless noted otherwise.
- January 6 - 7:15 p.m.
- January 21 - Tuesday 7:00 p.m.
- February 3
- February 18 - Tuesday 7:00 p.m.
- March 9 - 6:30 p.m.
- March 19 - 7:00 a.m. Special Meeting
- April 7 - Tuesday 7:00 p.m. CANCELED
- April 20 - 6:30 p.m. The online board meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- May 11 - 6:00 p.m. The online board meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- May 26 - Tuesday - The online board meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- June 1 - CANCELED
- June 15 - 6:00 p.m. - The online board meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- June 29 - 6:00 p.m. - The online board meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- July 9 - 6:00 p.m. RESCHEDULED Tuesday, July 14, 2020 The online board meeting will begin at 6:45 p.m. It can be viewed on YouTube.
- August 10 - 6:00 p.m.
- August 24
- September 8 - Tuesday 7:00 p.m.
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16 - 6:30 p.m.
- December 7
- December 21