*Disclaimer: These materials are collectively developed and envisioned by members of your community. They should in no way be misconstrued as district adopted plans or policies. The Task Force is a working group comprised of community members, students, families, and school staff who offer their thoughts and recommendations for creating more welcoming and inclusive schools. We value and welcome your contributions. Please join us at our Task Force meetings to have your voice heard.
This is where we are moving towards. The vision statements were written out of our vision conversations within the task force and further discussed at subsequent meetings. Our Vision Statements serve as a framework to guide us in our next stages. Here are the Vision Statements the group collectively created:
- Our commitment and care for the holistic well-being of ALL of our students comes first.
- We are committed to developing, sustaining and embracing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice within all facets of the organization such as in the classrooms, schools, in athletics and activities, in the district office and the Board of Education .
- We have equitable curriculum, discipline procedures, instructional practices, and grading practices.
- All staff feel included, valued and respected, regardless of title, position or identity.
- We recruit, hire and retain a staff that is reflective of our JEDI mission and our student and community population.
- We provide meaningful and ongoing opportunities for all stakeholders* to share about their lived experiences, their story, in a brave and empathetic environment.
- We value, make time for, and practice restorative justice.
- Our staff and community respects students’ names and pronouns and learns how to pronounce them correctly.
- We celebrate ALL students for reaching their own personal goals and potential.
- We find and include community and business partners who support JEDI goals in BCSD.
- We have inclusive and equitable representation in our student activities and continually work to remove barriers to participation.
- The progress of Jedi work in the district will be visible and regularly communicated to the community.
*Stakeholders is defined as Students, Parents, Educators, and School and Community Leaders