Titans Virtual Learning Academy (TVLA)
Mr. Steve Blatnica, TVLA Coordinator
2021- 22 TVLA Parent/Student Orientation
Please see the link below for the TVLA orientation video from our August 24th Parent/Student Orientation from Ohio Online
You will need to copy and paste the passcode found below to access the video.
2021-22 TVLA Information Presentation
2021-2022 TVLA Presentation Slide Deck- Click on this link to access the presentation slides.
Please consider the following when making your decision to choose TVLA:
1. Titans Virtual Learning Academy (TVLA) will not include live instruction.
2. TVLA will not include Berea City School District Teachers.
3. Curriculum will be provided by the 3rd party Ohio Online Learning Platform.
4. Families who participated in TVLA for the 2020-2021 are not automatically placed in TVLA for 2021-2022 school year.
5. Families interested in TVLA for 21-22 must opt-in to the Titans Virtual Learning Academy by completing the form below.
6. TVLA students who receive special services (special education, related services, 504 accommodations, or English as a Second Language supports) should have conversations with their educational team prior to making their decision to determine how the virtual learning model will be effective in meeting each student’s unique learning needs.
7. Changes of placement will only be possible at the semester change. Student enrolling in TVLA for 2nd semester will remain in TVLA for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. There will not be another opportunity to make a change of placement.
The deadline for enrolling in 2nd Semester TVLA closes on Friday December 3rd.
TVLA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
There is nothing additional families will need to do if they are intending to have their child(ren) return to in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year.
Students enrolled in BCSD TVLA gives students the opportunity to remain in their home district, earn a local diploma, and participate in district sports and extracurricular activities.
No, students in TVLA for 2021-2022 will be enrolled in the Ohio Online Learning Platform. Students will be assigned classroom teachers but they will not be Berea City School District teachers.
Families that commit to TVLA for 2021-2022 will need to commit to this program by June 1st 2021. The only opportunity to withdraw and return to in-person during the school year will be at the semester change (January 2022).
There is no change to graduation requirements for students in TVLA.
No, students who are selecting TVLA will take all of their courses through the Ohio Online platform. It will not be possible to take some TVLA courses and some in-person courses concurrently.
The Ohio Online Learning Platform will review student IEP's and 504 plans to identify what accommodations are possible.
- Plans will be reviewed and accommodations will be applied by the student support services of the Ohio Online Platform.
- Some accommodations may already be an embedded feature.
- If accommodations or services are not able to be provided in this platform a team meeting will be held to discuss appropriate options
Yes, students participating in Polaris Career Center programs can participate in TVLA for the courses they would be taking at the Berea-Midpark High School. There is not a virtual option for Polaris courses, so students would be attending their Polaris courses in-person.
Students in the TVLA program will have access to their school counselors from their home building. Since TVLA students are Berea City School district students they will have access to the same school counselor they would have in-person.
Yes, students participating in TVLA will be able to participate in all extra curricular opportunities such as clubs and athletics.