2020-21 Kindergarten Registration
Children who will be five years old on or before August 1, 2020, are eligible to attend kindergarten.
Registration can be completed online or by appointment using the registration kiosk at the Berea Board of Education offices, 390 Fair Street, Berea by calling 216-898-8300.
Only the child's parent or legal guardian may register a student.
We are excited that you’ve chosen to enroll your child in Berea City Schools. The Berea City School District has excellent schools and programs to meet every child’s needs.
Online registration for the 2020-21 school year opens
on March 2, 2020.
There are 2 STEPS to complete the registration process. Please review the directions below to prepare to register your child to attend Berea City Schools for the 2020-21 school year once registration opens on March 2, 2020.
Complete the online registration application.
The items and information listed below are needed to complete the online registration application.
- Child's Birth Certificate (original or certified copy), passport or baptismal record. If not in English, please provide a translated copy.
- Parent/Guardian photo identification (driver's license, passport, social worker's ID)
- Residency and Custody Affidavit (Must be notarized)
- Current Signed Lease - OR - Owners Affidavit, if you are not the homeowner (Must be notarized)
- At least 2 of the documents listed below with the Parent/Guardian’s name and address
- Utility bills
- Bank statement
- Pay stub
- Any document, in its entirety, listed below, if applicable.
- Divorce Decree
- Guardianship or Custody
- Grandparent Power of Attorney
- Journal Entry – Case Worker (must have district of responsibility listed in the document)
*Each item will need to be uploaded into the online registration.
- Household information -- address and phone numbers
- Parent information -- work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information -- demographic and health/medication information
- Emergency Contacts (2 nonparental) - addresses and phone numbers.
The online registration must be in “Hold” status in order to move to Step 2.
Upon Hold status of the online registration, you will receive an email to schedule a Face to Face Appointment. Please be sure to bring the following:
- Photo ID (driver's license, passport, social worker's ID)
- Child's Birth Certificate (original or certified copy), passport, or baptismal record. If not in English, please provide a translated copy.
- Original legal guardianship and/or custody papers (if applicable)
- Any documents which were not uploaded in the online registration application
If you have any questions, please call 216-898-8300.
Kindergarten Parent Information Nights