Berea City School District Preschool
The Berea City School District is a community of excellence, integrity, and purpose.
The Berea City School District is a diverse community dedicated to
inspiring lives of character, learning, leadership, and service.
2019-20 Preschool Registration Information
Preschool Registration for the 2019-20 school year is coming soon.
Please check back on February 1, 2019 for more information.
WHY CHOOSE OUR PRESCHOOL?
- Backed by the resources of the Berea City School District
- Governed by our current Board of Education members
- Licensed by the State of Ohio
- Well-equipped, safe, secure facilities
- Small teacher:child ratios
- Certified,caring teachers
- Play-based activities designed to develop reading, math, and science foundation skills
- Language/literacy-based curriculum
- Easy transition to kindergarten
- Curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Education program is developed to meet the growing emotional, academic, and social needs of children in a developmentally appropriate environment. Our classrooms provide children with a learning environment that nurtures and supports their discovery and learning process. Children are provided the opportunity to explore, investigate, and discover at their own pace. We recognize that each child is an individual, growing, and learning in his or her own way and time.EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHYOur Early Childhood Education program provides a core curriculum which includes: language arts, math, science, geography, health, art, and movement education. Classrooms offer literacy-rich environments, providing the foundations that are essential for reading and writing. We work in cooperation with our kindergarten and elementary teachers to deliver a curriculum based on foundations in learning.