Please note that our Registration Office will be working remotely during the school closure. While you are encouraged to complete an online enrollment application for your student, we will not have face-to-face appointment slots available to complete registration of new students during the closure.
We are excited that you’ve chosen to enroll your child in Berea City Schools. The Berea City School District has excellent schools and programs to meet every child’s needs.
Online registration for the 2020-21 school year opens
on March 2, 2020.
There are 2 STEPS to complete the registration process. Please review the directions below to prepare to register your child to attend Berea City Schools for the 2020-21 school year once registration opens on March 2, 2020.
Complete the online registration application.
The items and information listed below are needed to complete the online registration application.
- Child's Birth Certificate (original or certified copy), passport or baptismal record. If not in English, please provide a translated copy.
- Parent/Guardian photo identification (driver's license, passport, social worker's ID)
- Residency and Custody Affidavit (Must be notarized)
- Current Signed Lease - OR - Owners Affidavit, if you are not the homeowner (Must be notarized)
- At least 2 of the documents listed below with the Parent/Guardian’s name and address
- Utility bills
- Bank statement
- Pay stub
- Any document, in its entirety, listed below, if applicable.
- Divorce Decree
- Guardianship or Custody
- Grandparent Power of Attorney
- Journal Entry – Case Worker (must have district of responsibility listed in the document)
*Each item will need to be uploaded into the online registration.
- Household information -- address and phone numbers
- Parent information -- work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information -- demographic and health/medication information
- Emergency Contacts (2 nonparental) - addresses and phone numbers.
The online registration must be in “Hold” status in order to move to Step 2.
Upon Hold status of the online registration, you will receive an email to schedule a Face to Face Appointment. Please be sure to bring the following:
- Photo ID (driver's license, passport, social worker's ID)
- Child's Birth Certificate (original or certified copy), passport, or baptismal record. If not in English, please provide a translated copy.
- Original legal guardianship and/or custody papers (if applicable)
- Any documents which were not uploaded in the online registration application
If you have any questions, please call 216-898-8300.
Registration can be completed online or by appointment using the registration kiosk at the Berea Board of Education offices, 390 Fair Street, Berea by calling 216-898-8300.
Only the child's parent or legal guardian may register a student. Existing families may add additional students using the parent portal (if you haven't set up your parent portal account, please contact support to request an activation key).
Please register NEW preK-12 students who do have siblings currently enrolled in the Berea City School District.
This link should only be used for NEW preK-12 students who do not have siblings currently enrolled in the
Berea City School District.
This Online Registration Quick Guide will guide you through the entire process of NEW Student Online Registration.
- Best if completed using Chrome or Firefox browsers on a laptop or desktop computer. Mobile devices and tablets do not load properly.
- Please make sure your email/browser allows pop-ups. Check your spam folder if you cannot locate your welcome email.
- If you are experiencing registration difficulties, please call 216-898-8300.
Central Office Kiosk Registration
Complete information online (at home or at central office kiosk) and schedule an appointment to upload documents at the central office registration kiosk. If you begin registration at home, please write down your confirmation number and bring it with you in order to complete the process at the central office kiosk. This option is also recommended if you do not have an e-mail address.
Transfer students with free/reduced meals: If you received free/reduced meals in the district you are transferring from, that information does not transfer. You will need to fill out an application for Berea City School District. Applications are available here. If you need help, contact Nutrition Services at 216-267-2142.