2019-20 Kindergarten Registration

  • Kindergarten Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2019-20 School Year!


    Children who will be five years old on or before August 1, 2019, are eligible to attend kindergarten.

    Registration can be completed online or by appointment using the registration kiosk at the Berea Board of Education offices, 390 Fair Street, Berea by calling 216-898-8300.

    Only the child's parent or legal guardian may register a student.

    We are excited that you’ve chosen to enroll your child in Berea City Schools. The Berea City School District has excellent schools and programs to meet every child’s needs. 

    computer screen  Online Registration
    Complete the entire process at home (must have the capability to scan and upload documents).  This link should only be used for NEW preK-12 students that do not have siblings currently enrolled in the Berea City School District. 

    If you receive a message that your documents are too large to upload, please email them directly to Sue Alcox, salcox@bereaschools.org

    IC Existing Families
    Please register NEW preK-12 students that do have siblings currently enrolled.


    scanner Central Office Kiosk Registration
    Complete information online (at home or at central office kiosk) and schedule an appointment to upload documents at the central office registration kiosk. If you begin registration at home, please write down your confirmation number and bring it with you in order to complete the process at the central office kiosk.


    paper pencil Printable Checklist
    The following items are required for each student you are enrolling: PRINTABLE CHECKLIST

    NOTE: Two (2) of the forms must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public before they are submitted to the Registrar. The forms are the OWNER AFFIDAVIT and the RESIDENCY AND CUSTODY AFFIDAVIT.


    Must Have:

    • Birth Certificate
    • Immunization Records
    • Photo Identification of Parent
    • Proof of Residency
    • Proof of Custody

    Documents needed for proof of residency:

    • Lease agreement if renting an apartment in a complex with six (6) or more units
    • Current utility bill if you own the home
    • If residing with someone, or is renting a single, two ­family or any rental up to five (5) units, the owner of the property must sign an Owner­ Tenant form

    Please note:

    • Custodial parent must be the parent who registers the child. In case of parental divorce, parent with legal custody must present a certified copy of the court order awarding legal custody.
    • If custody change is pending, the non­custodial parents may present a dated, time­ stamped copy of the court filing, showing the motion for change of custody. The non­custodial parent is then given 60 days to present a certified copy of the final decree.
    • If there was never a marriage between the parents, the mother must register the child, unless the father has the legal custody papers.