Berea City School District Preschool
216-898-8280Where the magic of learning begins!BCSD has a 5 Star Rated Early Childhood Program!
2017-18 Preschool Registration
2017-2018 Preschool Registration
- February 16, 2017 for families of current preschool students
- February 24, 2017 for Berea, Brook Park, and Middleburg Heights residents
- March 3, 2017 for all other communities
• You are required to provide proof of legal custody/guardianship of the child you are registering. Items such as Letters of Guardianship, Certified Court Documents (Domestic Relations or Juvenile Court), Grandparent/Caregiver Power of Attorney, etc. need to be submitted. Please direct specific questions as to whether paperwork is required for your situation to Central Registration at 216-898-8300 x 6233.
• To expedite registration, please bring the completed registration and census form, a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee (per child) payable to the Berea Board of Education. Proof of 2016 annual income* is required if applying for scholarship program.
• Outstanding tuition balances must be paid in full at time of registration.
Register in person at: Berea Board of Education
390 Fair Street Berea, OH 44017
Registration times on February 16 and February 24 will be from 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.
Registration times on and March 3 will be from 8:00 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Registrations on any day other than February 16, February 24 and March 3 will be by appointment only – please call 216-898-8300.
We accept check, cash, or money order (NO CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED) – For information call 216-898-8300
SERVING ALL RESIDENTS OF SOUTHWEST GREATER CLEVELAND AREA.
Resident (Berea, Brook Park, Middleburg Hts.) Non-Resident (ALL OTHERS).
*Proof of income = W2, W4, page 1 of 1040, end of year pay stub, social security
proof, Child support pay plan, etc.
Spaces are limited. Registration is taken on a first come first serve basis.Scholarship Assistance Program: The Berea City School District has received a grant from the State of Ohio to provide financial assistance to low-income families who otherwise could not afford preschool. Financial Scholarships are available to children who will be 4 years old by August 1 of the current school year. Scholarships are provided on a sliding scale and are income based. Please see Scholarship Information Packet for more information.
WHY CHOOSE OUR PRESCHOOL?
- Backed by the resources of the Berea City School District
- Governed by our current Board of Education members
- Licensed by the State of Ohio
- Well-equipped, safe, secure facilities
- Small teacher:child ratios
- Certified,caring teachers
- Play-based activities designed to develop reading, math, and science foundation skills
- Language/literacy-based curriculum
- Easy transition to kindergarten
- Curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Content Standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Education program is developed to meet the growing emotional, academic, and social needs of children in a developmentally appropriate environment. Our classrooms provide children with a learning environment that nurtures and supports their discovery and learning process. Children are provided the opportunity to explore, investigate, and discover at their own pace. We recognize that each child is an individual, growing, and learning in his or her own way and time.EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHYOur Early Childhood Education program provides a core curriculum which includes: language arts, math, science, geography, health, art, and movement education. Classrooms offer literacy-rich environments, providing the foundations that are essential for reading and writing. We work in cooperation with our kindergarten and elementary teachers to deliver a curriculum based on foundations in learning.